How to reach:
- Airplane--- Fly to Chandigarh airport. You can also take a shared helicopter from Chandigarh to Shimla.
- Car or taxi--- 6 hours from Delhi and 2 hours from Chandigarh Airport/Bus stand
- Train--- Trains available from Delhi to Kalka and from Kalka, Toy trains available for Solan
Kalka to Solan by road is 1.5 hours.
Places of Interest around the city:
- Barog Railway Station (2 to 3 km drive):
A beautiful Rail station: Ruskin Bond’s Seat of Creative writing under the mulberry trees on the station.
- Solangji Tibetan Monastry (30 min drive):
Situated in the interiors nearby, it is a lovely place to meditate.
- Mohan Shakti Park (14km drive):
A beautiful creativity in sculpture, situated in Ashwini Khudd near Kandaghat.
- Nauni Horticulture University (20 min drive):
There grows 490 varieties of roses and numerous varieties of exotic flowers and other plants.
- Kasauli (1 hour drive):
A beautiful hill station and a haven of the Literary legends.
- Chail (1 hour drive):
The Lovers’ Paradise It is a palace hotel amidst the willow trees forest.
- Shimla (1.5 hour drive):
The capital of Himachal Pradesh, A historical hill station.
- Solan Market:
And of course, Solan is a tourist market with a variety of seasonal fruits grown around the place.
Solan is also called The Mushroom City as it grows the huge amount of mushrooms.
It also sells the jams, crushes, juices, pulps and sauces from fresh local sone fruits.
A Tibetan market on the mall is known for the trendy fashion attire.
The local market has emporiums to sell the popular winter clothes from all over Himachal.
- Taxis are available to visit the closeby and the distant places like Dharmsala, Kullu and Manali as well.